Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chapter Zero: Pro-log




December walked through the maze of hallways, looking for the exit outside. The cold breeze of another early morning sent a tingling sensation down her spine. But today was different, today was the first day of summer.. the summer solstice. Once outside she saw two roses and picked them both, then headed back to her dorm and found Liesal "sleeping" on the bottom bunk.

               December placed one of the roses on Liesal waiting for him to jump, surprisingly he didn't. "I know your not alseep." She whispered to Liesal, no one sleeps in the Academy but the strongest such as herself. Liesal had only been here for a few months and still hasn't claimed much dominance. The swift fox opened his eyes deliberately slow and stared at the flower on his chest. Turning a mischievous grin on his dorm companion he replied,

"Gone back to picking flowers have we?" Liesal was known for being a very humoring kind of beast.
"All year long for ten years I have lived in the Academy, surrounded by white snow and dark clouds... I have learned, and you will learn as well, that a little bit of life is good... sometimes." She answered.
Liesal nodded his head in agreement,"Aye, of course it is. Otherwise neither of us would be here," The swift fox reflected on his stay at the academy, and decided to ask,"Do we actually do anything around here? Because I have been here for months with only the lightest of training." He was searching for answers, and was desperate to get them.
She took a single jump up on to the top bunk and hung upside down looking at the fox. "Have you taken your first task yet?" she asked. "And if your really bored I heard that newcomers are gonna be here today." She smiled.
He barly checked himself from exploding, but was able to control his words, "I haven't gotten to do anything sense arrival! And are we gonna spar with the newcomers or something?" Liesal usually has very good grammar and a nice level of politeness, this is unusual behavior for him.
"Well thats why your not learning anything!" she laughed "teaches will only teach you the good stuff based on how may task you have completed!" she kept laughing because Liesal still hadn't figured that out yet. "And if you want we can fight the newcomers, no point in it yet unless they are gonna be in your class. I'm waiting for some one named "Devil" to come and try to steal my teachers attention." December replied.
"I know the teachers work off the work you do... But how am I supposed to prove myself when I don't get a task in the first place!?" The swift fox was really annoyed and didn't know what to do with it. "All I want is a chance!"

               Any other day December would have grabbed Liesal's hand in a playful manor and dragged him to the door, but she could tell he was irritated. "Follow me." She said while flipping off the top bunk towards the door. "If you want a task, you have to ask the Task Maker." December said while walking out of the room.
"I thought Shaffa was in charge?" The question was asked with an incredulous air about. Liesal decided to follow her.
"He is, but he doesn't hand out task except to his own students, the rest of you get your task from the task master." She pointed out while walking down the hallway. The hallways were lit by two candles on each side, every ten feet. students would often blow the candles out and wait for a target to come and would kill their victim. The two made a quick stop at the tavern which was built into the Academy and grabbed some food. After that short stop at the tavern which was built into the Academy and grabbed some food, after the short stop continued onto the Task Maker's office.
They reached the "Task Makers" office. "Ok you have to go in alone, and give her this" December said while handing him a muffin she stole from the tavern.
Liesal looked at December suspiciously, "How do I know your not pulling a fast one on me?" The swift fox didn't want anything to undermine him, he wants the others to think of him respectability.
"Your asking and thinking of the wrong questions... don't ask what I may be doing to you, by why I would be doing it to you. And if you don't walk through that door right now then I want my muffin back." December said coldly and in a joking humor. "Oh and if I wanted you dead... I'd do it my self... I will wait out here till your done."

               Liesal accepted the muffin, still suspicious, and entered the room of the Task Maker...
"A knock on the door would be nice." Dema said as Liesal entered. "What is the purpose of your visit today?"
Liesal was a little underinformed as to what he should do, so he just did what seemed practical, "Uhhh.. I was told that I'm supposed to ask for a task here, and that I'm also supposed to give you this." The swift fox held out the muffin for inspection.
"I can see that your new here... hmm why thank you!!!" She grabbed the muffin and ate the whole thing real quick. "I will have a task for you by tomorrow. Shaffa has told me not to hand out any task till the feast of the summer solstice is over." Dema told him while licking her paws.
Liesal nodded his head, "Thank you very much for your courtesy." The swift fox made for the door.
"A, you! Whats the name of your teacher?" She asked Liesal.
"I dont have a certain one yet, I'm learning from different ones." The swift fox came out the door a little quizzical, "What just happened?" He asked his companion.
"Don't worry, she doesn't bite." December joked "Did she give you a task?"

Liesal was quite confused at this point, but was at least able to answer Blacks' question, "She said she'd give me one tommorow..." Then, as if an after thought he asked, "Was the muffin actually neccesary? Careful, I do bite, if provoked by lying." The fox made sure it sounded like a joke instead of a threat, even though it kinda was one, knowing full well that a tangle with December was not the best for either of their health conditions.
"It is if you want a good task and not something lame. Bribery with food is the best thing to do with Dema... I always bring food that I make, so I get the best tasks." She smiled while walking down the hallway with Liesal.

CREDITS OF PRO-LOG. 


Liesal written by Danflorreguba
Black December written by Griffen
Dema written by Griffen
edited and published by Griffen

hope you injoyed the Pro-log :)

coming soon...
chapter one: students.



No comments:

Post a Comment